'Make infographics clear' is an ideal that lies at the core of my own design philosophy. However, I may consider updating it temporarily to 'keep infographics weird' right before the discussion I'm going to moderate at the International Symposium of Online Journalism two weeks and half from now. The program of the conference is impressive, and so is the list of participants in the graphics panel, titled "Data visualization: creating a new language to communicate big data."
Here they are:
• Chiqui Esteban, graphics editor, Boston Globe
• Hannah Fairfield, senior graphics editor, The New York Times
• Scott Klein, editor of news applications, ProPublica
• Kim Rees, partner & head of data visualization, Periscopic
• Lisa Strausfeld, global head of data visualization, Bloomberg
See you in Austin.